Kadahi Chicken is a dish from Indian Subcontinent specifically famous in Northern India. The dish is generally prepared in kadahi /wok, with freshly ground spices. Chicken is well cooked in spices so that it tastes delicious. Today i will show you how one can prepare Kadhai chicken at home in simple steps using simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20-25 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
- Chicken - 750 grams
- Onion - 1 cup fine chopped
- Curd / Dahi - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Green Chili - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger - 1 teaspoon julienne
- Coriander Leaf - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Black Pepper - 5-6
- Coriander Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 4 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Heat a pan / kadahi on medium flame, add black pepper, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and dry roast them for 5 minutes.
3. Take out the roasted whole spices in a mortar and let it cool down.
4. Make a coarse powder and keep it side.
5. Heat 4 tablespoon of oil in a pan / kadahi, add the coarsely made powder and saute it for 30 seconds on medium flame.
6. Add fine chopped onion and let it cook till onion gets little translucent.
7. Add chicken, cover and cook the chicken with the onions till it starts separating water and change its color. Keep the flame on low-medium. Stir occasionally.
8. Add tomato and ginger garlic paste. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame with chicken.
9. Add all the powdered seasonings along with salt. Mix well, cover and cook the chicken till it starts separating oil from the sides. Stir occasionally. It will take 10 minutes. Keep the flame on low-medium.
10. Add chopped green chili, julienne ginger and curd/dahi, mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame. You can adjust spice level according to your taste.
11. Add coriander leaf and mix well.
12. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite bread or rice.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredients Reference :
1. Turmeric Powder
2. Garam Masala
Post a Comment