Paav is a fluffy bread popular in western countries as well as in India. Today I am making the paav at home with some simple ingredients and easy steps.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 1 hour
Baking Time: 20 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Milk Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Active Dry Yeast - 1 tablespoon
- Milk - 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence - 2-3 drops
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Microwave/warm milk for 30 seconds(we need Luke warm milk, do not overheat), add 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix well with the milk.
3. Add the active dry yeast in the milk mixture, mix well and keep it undisturbed in a warm place for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes you will see the mixture gets bubbly and foamy, add 2-3 drops of vanilla essence and mix well.
5. Take all purpose flour in a big mixing bowl, add milk powder and mix well.
6. Once dry ingredients mixed well, add the yeast mixture in the dry ingredients and knead to form a dough(add 1-2 tablespoon of water if needed).
7. Combine and knead the mixture to form a dough.
8. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead to form a smooth and soft dough.
9. Now the dough is ready.
10. Divide the dough in small and equal portions. Here I have divided the dough in 9 portion for medium size paav.
11. Take a baking tray, line the tray with parchment paper or oil the tray evenly.
12. Make smooth balls of the divided portions and put in the baking tray. Leave little bit of space in between the balls.
13. Cover the balls with a damp cheesecloth/cotton cloth and let it rise for 1 hour. Keep the tray at the most warm place of your house.
14. Now the balls are ready to bake.
15. Take 1 tablespoon of milk and brush on the balls for nice brown color and glaze.
16. Bake the balls at 350 Fahrenheit( 180 Celsius) for 20 minutes in preheated oven.
Note: If you do not have oven, take a big cooker/vessel, add 2 cups of salt/ sand and heat it for 10 minutes on high heat. Put the tray in preheated cooker and cover with heavy plate, bake for 20 minutes on medium heat.
17. After 20 minutes, take out the paav and prick a knife/ skewer to check.
18. The paav is ready If skewer/ knife comes out clean.
19. Enjoy the homemade fresh paav .
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Active Dry Yeast