Coconut Ladoo is Indian sweet delight made with desiccated coconut, milk and sugar. This Indian dessert is very popular, easy to make and are mostly made during festivals or any celebrations.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Boiling Time : 30-35 minutes
- Desiccated Coconut - 1 cup
- Whole Milk - 750 ml (25 oz)
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Almonds - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Cashews - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Pistachio - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take desiccated coconut in a pan/ wok and dry roast it on medium flame till the coconut gets little golden in color. Use heavy bottom utensil for this process.
3. Once coconut gets golden color, add the milk and mix well. Boil milk for 30-35 minutes on medium flame. Once milk starts boiling, keep the flame on low and keep stirring the mixture.
4. After 5 minutes of boiling. Stir continuously.
5. After 20 minutes of boiling. The water content of the milk will evaporate and the mixture gets thick texture as shown below.
6. After 30 minutes the mixture gets thick and starts separating from the bottom.
7. After 35 minutes the mixture is ready, add cardamom powder in the mixture and mix well.
8. Add sugar and mix well. The mixture gets little runny when sugar melts, keep it on low flame and keep stirring till mixture starts binding.
9. Add fine chopped dry fruits (you can use your favorite dry fruits) and mix well in the mixture.
10. The mixture is ready now.
11. Take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool down for 10- 15 minutes. Do not cool it completely.
12. Once the mixture cools down, rub little bit of water in your palm, take little portion of the mixture and make small smooth balls (ladoo).
13. Make the balls with rest of the mixture. Once done, keep the ladoo in a air tight container and store it in refrigerator. You can store it for 25-30 days.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.