Chicken lollipop is very popular in Indian Chinese cuisine. It is generally served as appetizer or as a side dish.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Marination Time : 45- 60 minutes
Frying Time : 10 minutes
For Marination :
- Chicken legs - 5-6
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
For Sauce :
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 1 1/2 fine chopped
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Schewan Sauce - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 1/4 cup
For batter :
- All Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
- Corn Starch - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1/2 cup
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take chicken legs in a big mixing bowl, black pepper powder, salt, red chili powder, soy sauce, ginger garlic paste (click here for recipe). Mix well and coat evenly on the chicken legs.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix well. Marinade chicken legs for 45-60 minutes.
4. Take all purpose flour, corn starch and salt and mix well.
5. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well to form a lump free batter (add 1-2 tablespoon of water gradually if needed).
6. Do not make very thick batter.
7. Dip the marinaded chicken legs in the batter and coat the batter from all the sides.
8. Heat oil in a pan on low flame, add the coated chicken and fry for 8-10 minutes or till chicken cooks well on low flame.
9. The chicken legs are cooked and fried well. Drain the fried legs in kitchen towel.
10. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan/wok, add fine chopped garlic and saute on medium flame for 30 minutes.
11. Add tomato sauce, szechuan sauce (click here for recipe) mix well saute for 1 minute.
12. Add 1/4 cup of water, mix well and let it boil.
13. Add fried chicken legs and mix well. Coat sauce on the chicken legs well.
14. Add fine chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
15. Serve hot.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the hack please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.