Stuffed Garlic Bread
Stuffed garlic bread or garlic bread is very famous in western countries generally served with ranch, cheese dips or some garlic sauce. It is seasoned bread filled with favorite soft vegetables and cheese.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Proofing Time : 45 minutes
Baking Time : 20 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Milk Powder - 1/4 cup
- Garlic Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Italian Herbs - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Active Dry Yeast - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Butter - 2 tablespoon
- Sweet Corn - 2 tablespoon
- Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1/2 tablespoon
Steps:1. Here are all ingredients. Here I am using frozen sweet corn. If you are using fresh corns, boil them for 2 minutes and then use it. I have already grated the cheese. I am using pizza cheese, you can use any cheese you find in your near market.
2. Take 1/4 cup of luke warm water in a cup, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix. Do not use very warm water, it may kill the yeast.
3. Add 1 tablespoon yeast in the mixture and mix well. Rest the mixture for 5 minutes and let the yeast to get activate.
4. After 5 minutes, the yeast gets activated and mixture bubbly and frothy.
5. Take all purpose flour in a mixing bowl, add salt, milk powder, garlic powder (you can use garlic paste as alternative), italian herbs (add carom seeds as alternative) and mix well with the flour.
6. Add the activated yeast mixture and mix well.
7. Once flour starts to combine, add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead to a soft dough. Make soft and smooth dough.
8. Apply little bit of oil on the kneaded dough, cover and let it proof for 45 minutes at warm place. The dough will doubled in size.
NOTE: Proofing time totally depends on the temperature of your area. The dough will be ready in less time if you are residing at warm place.
9. The dough is ready. Knead the dough once again.
10. Take out the dough at a plane surface and make smooth ball out of it. Here I am using corn meal for crunchy outer layer, you can dust some flour on the surface.
11. Spread the ball in a flat bread, I used hand for spreading, you can roll the dough with a rolling pin.
12. Make a bed of cheese and spread the sweet corn on half the the spread bread. You can add your favorite filling.
13. Add more cheese on the top. Apply some water on the edges to seal.
14. Take 2 tablespoon butter, add 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder (you can use garlic paste) and italian herbs (you can use carom seeds). Mix well the ingredient in the butter.
15. Cover the bread with the left half part and seal the edges nicely. Apply the seasoned butter generously on the top.
16. Cut lightly to make marking, do not cut through the bread.
17. The bread is ready to bake, put the bread in the greased baking tray (use the seasoned butter for greasing the tray) and bake at 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius) in preheated oven.
NOTE: If you do not have oven, take a big cooker/vessel, add 2 cups of salt/ sand and heat it for 10 minutes on high heat. Put the tray in preheated cooker and cover with heavy plate, bake for 20 minutes on medium heat.
18. The bread is ready, let it cool for 2 minutes.
19. Cut the bread in sticks from the marked lines.
20. Serve hot with your favorite garlic dip or tomato sauce.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Post a Comment