Paneer Chilli is a very famous Indo-Chinese starter in which fried crispy paneer/ cottage cheese is coated with sauce. This recipe is very easy to make. Today I am making this recipe with some easy steps and with some simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Frying Time : 2-3 minutes
Serving : 2 persons
- Panner/ Cottage Cheese - 100 grams
- All Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
- Corn Starch - 1/4 cup
- White Sasame Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Onions - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tablespoon
- Szechuan Sauce - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce - 1/2 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + for frying
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Cut the paneer/ cottage cheese in big pieces. Cut the onion in big pieces and peel all the layers.
2. Take all purpose flour, corn starch, little bit of salt in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add little bit of water and mix well. Make a lump free batter.
4. Do not make very thick batter.
5. Heat oil in a pan/ wok for frying, dip the paneer/ cottage cheese in the made batter and fry in the hot oil till golden brown.
6. Drain in a kitchen towel once fried. Keep it side.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan/ wok, add fine chopped garlic and onions and saute for 1 minute on high heat.
8. Add white sesame seeds and saute for 1 minute.
9. Add 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon red chili sauce, 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and mix well.
10. Add 1/4 cup of water and let it boil.
11. Mix 1 teaspoon of corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water and make a lump free slurry, add the slurry in the mixture and cook for 1 minute.
12. Add chopped coriander leaves in the made sauce and mix well.
13. Add fried paneer/ cottage cheese in the made sauce and coat the paneer/cottage cheese well.
14. Serve hot.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Paneer / Cottage Cheese