Pulav/ Pilaf is a rice dish consumed mainly in Central Asia, and very popular main course dish in India served with the curry. Pulav/ Pilaf contains a lots of vegetables that makes it healthy and a complete dish.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Simmer Time : 15 minutes
- Rice - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 fine sliced
- Paneer/ Cottage Cheese - 1/2 cup cubed
- Green Peas - 3 tablespoon
- Sweet Corns - 3 tablespoon
- Carrot - 3 tablespoon cubed
- Coriander Leaf - 2 tablespoon
- Butter - 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Stick - 2 inch
- Cloves - 6-7
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Water - 1 3/4 cup
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil and add 2 tablespoon of butter in a pan on medium heat. Add cloves, bay leaf, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and let them splutter.
3. Add chopped onion and saute for a minute or till onion turns slightly translucent.
4. Add paneer / cottage cheese and fry them slightly on medium flame. You can fry paneer / cottage cheese in the beginning also.
5. Add the vegetables and saute for 2 minutes. Youcan add more vegetables as per your preference.
6. Wash the rice and add in the mixture. Fry the rice with the mixture for 2 minutes.
7. Add 1 3/4 cup of water, salt and mix well. Use the same cup to measure rice and water.
8. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well.
9. Cover with the lid and cook the rice for 15 minutes on medium flame.
10. After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and add chopped coriander leaf. Cover and let it simmer in its own heat for 15 minutes.
11. Add roasted cashews on the the top and serve hot. Enjoy the pulav / pilaf with your favorite curry.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Paneer/ Cottage Cheese
2. Cumin Seeds