Rava Fingers is a snack prepared using semolina(known as Rava is southern India and sooji in northern) .It looks and resembles much like potato fries but tastes different .It is crunchy from the top but smoother inside .One can have this snack with tea or coffee or using your favorite sauce or ketchup .Today in this blog post I will walk you through in simple steps how to prepare this delicious snack in few minutes .
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 2-3 minutes
Frying Time : 2-3 minutes
- Rava/ Sooji - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - according to taste
- Garlic Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Flakes - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaf - 2-3 tablespoon fine chopped
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + for frying
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take 1 cup of water in a pan/ wok, add salt and let it start boiling. Use the same cup to measure rava/ sooji and water.
3. Add rava/ sooji in the warm water and mix well. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes on medium flame or till the mixture gets combines together to form a ball shape.
4. After 1 minute of cooking. The rava/sooji will start soaking the water.
5. After 3 minutes of cooking, the rava/sooji starts to form a dough. Turn off the flame and cover the mixture with a lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.
6. Take out the mixture in a mixing bowl, add chopped coriander leaves, garlic powder, red chili flakes and 1 tablespoon of oil. Knead the mixture to form a smooth dough.
7. The dough is smooth and and ready.
8. Take a plastic sheet on a plane surface, make a ball of the dough and put the ball on half of the plastic sheet. Cover the ball with the other half of the sheet.
9. Roll the ball in a thick sheet about 1 cm. Unwrap the plastic sheet.
10. Cut thin strips of the rolled dough of your desired size with a knife or a pizza cutter.
11. Take out the strips in a plate.
12. Heat oil for frying in a pan/wok on medium flame. Add the made strips in the medium hot oil and fry till golden brown.
13. Drain the fingers in a kitchen towel.
14. Serve hot with some tomato sauce and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the hack please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.