Paneer dishes are common in restaurants these days. One of my favorite dishes is Paneer Tikka. Its usually served as starter before you begin the meal. Paneer Tikka can also be served as snack in evening . Today I am going to prepare Paneer Tikka in simple steps using some common ingredients.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Marination Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
- Paneer/ Cottage Cheese - 100 grams
- Green Capsicum/ Bell Pepper - 1
- Onion - 1
- Curd / Yogurt - 1/2 cup (plain)
- Chickpea Flour / Besan - 3 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoon
- Kasuri Methi/ Dried Fenugreek Leaf - 1 tablespoon
- Black Salt - 1/2 tablespoon
- Chat Masala - 1/2 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Coriander Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + for frying
- Regular Salt - according to taste
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Cut the paneer / cottage cheese, bell pepper/ capsicum and onion in big pieces.
2. Take curd / yogurt in a mixing bowl, add black pepper powder and red chili powder. Mix well with the curd / yogurt.
NOTE: Here I am using kashmiri red chili powder which is mild in spice level and gives a good color to the curry/paste. If you are using regular chili powder, just add 1/2 tablespoon of it. For good color, you can use red food color.
3. Add all the powdered spices in the mixture and mix well.
4. Add chickpea flour / besan, ginger garlic paste (click here for recipe) and lemon juice and mix well.
5. Add the paneer/ cottage cheese, onion and bell pepper / capsicum and coat well the ingredients with the mixture.
6. All the ingredients are coated well with the mixture, cover and marinade for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, take a skewer (here I am using wooden skewer), put the coated paneer and vegetables in the skewer one by one as per your choice. Here I put capsicum / bell pepper first, then paneer / cottage cheese and onion. Repeat the same sequence for the whole skewer.
8. Once done, put the skewer in the leftover curd / yogurt mixture and coat well from all the sides.
9. Heat a frying pan / wok, add little bit of oil and fry from all the sides till the curd / yogurt coating cooked well. Keep the flame on medium.
10. Once fried, keep out the skewers in a plate.
11. Serve hot and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Panner / Cottage Cheese
2. Chickpea Flour / Besan
3. Kasuri Methi / Fenugreek Leaf
4. Chaat Masala
5. Garam Masala
6. Cumin Coriander Powder