Kadhai Paneer is a very famous North Indian Curry of paneer, in which a thick gravy is made up of onion, tomatoes and Indian spices. It is mainly eaten with roti, naan, or rice.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Simmer Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 2 persons
- Paneer/ Cottage Cheese - 1 cup cubed
- Green Bell Peppers/ Capsicum - 1/2 cup (cube)
- Onion - 1/4 cup (cube)
- Kasoori Methi/ Fenugreek Leaves - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger - 1 inch (peeled)
- Garlic - 6-7 (peeled)
- Onions - 1 sliced
- Cashews - 6-7
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Whole Red Chili - 2-3
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Cloves - 5-6
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Coriander Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan/ wok, add all the sauce ingredients in the oil and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
3. Take out the ingredients in a plate and let it cool. (we do not have to cook the ingredients completely).
NOTE : Here I am using kashmiri whole red chili, which has mild in spice level. If you are using regular whole red chili, just use 1 or 2 only.
4. Take the ingredients in a grinder and make a smooth paste. Use 1-2 tablespoon of water if needed.
5. The paste is ready. Keep it aside.
6. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in the pan/wok, add paneer/ cottage cheese and fry it till light golden.
7. Drain in a plate.
8. Add cubed onions and bell peppers/ capsicum, saute for 2 minutes on high heat. (Do not cook)
9. Drain the onions and capsicum in a plate.
10. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil (I am using the same oil in which I have saute the veggies and paneer/cottage cheese) and add 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
11. Once cumin seeds spluttered, add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of chili powder and saute for a while on low flame.
NOTE: Here I am using kashmiri red chili powder which is mild in spice level and gives a good color to the curry. If you are using regular chili powder, just add 1/2 tablespoon of it. For good color, you can use red food color.
12. Add the paste we made earlier, mix well , cover and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
14. Once the mixture starts separating oil from the sides, add 1/2 cup of water and black pepper powder and mix well.
15. Add 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder and mix well.
16. Add fried veggies and paneer / cottage cheese, mix well cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low flame. Stir occasionally if needed.
17. Turn of the flame, add kasuri methi / fenugreek leaves and mix well.
18. Serve hot.
19. Enjoy with some naan/ chapati or some Jeera Rice (click here for recipe).
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Paneer / Cottage Cheese
2. Kasoori Methi/ Fenugreek Leaves
3. Whole Red Chili
4. Red Chili Powder
5. Cumin Seeds
6. Turmeric Powder
7. Cumin Coriander Powder
8. Garam Masala Powder