Eggless Black Forest Cake
If you have a sweet tooth there is no better sweet than cakes. Cakes can also be prepared without eggs so even if you are vegetarian you can consume them. Today in this post I will be teach you how you can prepare egg less black forest cake at home using simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Baking Time : 20 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt / Dahi - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tablespoon
- Cocoa Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Baking Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tablespoon
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 1/2 tablespoon + for coating baking pan
- Whipping Cream - 1 1/2 cup
- Chocolate Shavings - 1/2 cup
- Chocolate Chips - 2 tablespoon
- Cherry - 6-7
- Water - 3 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Add cocoa powder in all purpose flour and mix nicely.
3. Once mixed, keep it side.
4. Take yogurt / dahi and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat till sugar melts and mixture turns creamy.
5. Add baking powder, baking soda and vanilla essence and mix well. Here I am using an electric beater, you can use whisker as well.
6. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil and mix well.
7. Add flour mixture and mix well in the yogurt / dahi mixture.
8. Add milk in the mixture and mix well.
9. Make a lump free batter with ribbon consistency.
10. Apply oil in the baking pan and spread it on all around the walls.
11. Add 1 tablespoon of flour and spread it on all the sides.
12. The pan is ready.
13. Pour the batter in the pan and bake it.Bake the cake in preheated oven at 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius) for 20 minutes.
NOTE: If you do not have oven, take a big cooker/vessel, add 2 cups of salt/ sand and heat it for 10 minutes on high heat. Put the pan in preheated cooker and cover with heavy plate, bake for 20 minutes on medium heat.
14. Once baked, prick a knife or skewer in the cake.
15. The cake is ready if the knife or skewer comes out clean.
16. Take out the cake in a plate and let it cool down completely. Clean up the extra flour on the sides.
17. Once cake cools down, cut the cake from the top to make it flat.
18. Cut the cake in equal half portion.
19. Take 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoon of water and mix well till sugar dissolves.
20. Apply sugar syrup generously on the one of the portion.
21. Put whipping cream (click here for recipe), add little bit of chocolate chips (optional).
22. Put second half of the cake and apply sugar syrup on it.
23. Apply thin layer of whipped cream on the cake.
24. Put the cake in freezer for 20 minutes so it get set.
25. Once cake get set, apply thick layer of whipped cream on the cake and smooth it.
26. Once whipped cream is applied, put the cake again in freezer for 10 minutes.
27. Once cake is set, decorate the cake with whipped cream. Here I am using star nozzle for decoration, you can use your favorite one.
28. Apply chocolate shavings in the middle and sides of the cake.
29. The chocolate is almost ready now.
30. Apply whipped cream on the bottom of the cake and put cherry on the top. Here I am using cherry candy, you can use fresh or canned cherry.
31. Keep the cake in the refrigerator and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.