Potato Nuggets is my favorite snack these days with my evening tea/coffee. The nuggets are crispy and can be served with ketchup or sauce. Today in this blog post I will cover how to prepare potato nuggets at home using simple ingredients in simple steps.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Frying Time : 5 minutes
Servings : 2–3 persons
- Potatoes — 2–3 boiled
- Garlic Powder — 1 tablespoon
- Bread Crumbs — 2 tablespoon + 1/2 cup
- Corn Starch — 2 tablespoon
- Chili Flakes — 1 tablespoon
- Italian Seasoning — 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder — 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt — according to taste
- Oil — for frying
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I have already boiled and peeled the potatoes.
2. Grate the boiled potato in a mixing bowl, you can also finely crush the potatoes with your hands.
3. Add all the seasonings in the grated potatoes along with salt and mix well. You can use carom seeds instead of Italian seasonings.
4. Add 2 tablespoon of bread crumbs and mix well in the potato mixture.
Note : Quantity of bread crumbs is depends on quality of the potato. You can add more bread crumbs if your potato mixture doesn’t forms a dough shape.
5. Once mixed well, the potato mixture will form into a dough.
6. Take corn starch in a bowl, add little bit of salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
7. Add 3–4 tablespoon of water and mix and make a lump free slurry.
8. The slurry is ready now. Make the slurry little thick so that it coats the nuggets perfectly.
9. Take a little bit of potato mixture and roll it in your favorite shape. Here I am shaping the nuggets in cylindrical shape.
10. Shape all the nuggets and keep them side.
11. Dip and coat the shaped nuggets in the corn slurry.
12. Take out the coated nuggets and put it in the bread crumbs. Coat the nugget with the bread crumbs.
13. Take out the coated nugget and gently roll it.
14. Coat all the nuggets and keep them side.
15. Heat the oil on high heat and fry the nuggets till it turns golden and crispy.
16. Once fried, take them out on a kitchen towel.
17. Serve hot with your favorite sauce and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe to this blog. If you have any questions or any doubt you can leave a message in the contact me section at the bottom.