Aloo curry is very popular curry made from boiled potatoes and various spices .It is served with puri or rice or roti for dinner in Northern India .Today I will cover how you can make Aloo curry in North Indian style at home using simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serving : 2 persons
- Potato / Aloo - 6-7 boiled
- Onion - 1 cup fine chopped
- Tomato - 1 cup fine chopped
- Coriander Leaf - 1/4 cup fine chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon julienne
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Whole Coriander Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Coriander Cumin Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 teaspoon
- Water - 1 cup
- Oil - 2-3 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I have already boiled the potatoes.
2. Peel and lightly crush the boiled potatoes and keep it side.
3. Lightly crush the whole coriander seeds and keep it side.
4. Heat oil in a pan / wok on medium heat, add cumin seeds and bay leaf and let them splutter.
5. Add all the powdered spices (except garam masala) along with crushed coriander seeds and saute for 1 minute.
6. Add fine chopped onion and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 1 minute or till raw smell disappears.
8. Add fine chopped tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
9. Add salt and mix well. Cover and cook the mixture for 5 minutes. Keep the flame on medium.
10. Add boiled and crushed potato, garam masala and mix well in the mixture.
11. Add 1 cup of water, julienne ginger and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
12. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
13. Serve the curry with some puffed puris and salad. Enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Cumin Seeds
2. Asafoetida / Hing
3. Turmeric Powder
4. Whole Coriander Seeds
5. Coriander Cumin Powder
6. Garam Masala