Paneer Do Pyaza Recipe
Paneer Do Pyaza is a recipe from Indian Origin and these days very popular item in vegetarian Entree Section. Do Pyaza is a Hindi word representing two differently cut onions. As you can already guess from name, the recipe involves Onions , Paneer and various spices. Paneer Do Pyaza is thicker than curry and it can be served with Roti or Naan for Dinner or lunch. Today in this blog post I will show you how you can prepare Paneer Do Pyaza at home using simple ingredients in simple steps.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 400 grams (cube)
- Onion - 1 cup fine chopped
- Onion - 1/2 cup bulb cut
- Tomato - 1 cup fine chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon julienne
- Green Chili - 2 slit
- Coriander Leaf - 3-4 tablespoon fine chopped
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Whole Red Chili - 2
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Whole Peppercorns - 4-5
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch
- Whole Coriander Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Cumin Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Kasuri Methi - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 3-4 tablespoon
- Water - 1/4 cup
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients for rice. Here I forgot to take picture of garam masala.
2. Heat oil in a pan / wok on medium heat and slightly fry the paneer / cottage cheese.
3. Take out the paneer / cottage cheese in a bowl and keep it side.
4. Heat the oil in a pan / wok on medium flame(here I am using the same oil), add all the whole spices and let them splutter.
5. Add fine chopped onion, saute till onion turns little soft. Keep the flame on medium.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2-3 minutes or till raw smell of paste disappears.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Cumin Seeds
2. Turmeric Powder
3. Cumin Coriander Powder
4. Garam Masala
5. Red Chili Powder
6. Whole Dry Red Chili