Samosa is very famous snack in Asian Cuisine. It is very popular in Northern India. Samosa stuffing is made with potatoes, peas and spices. Today in this blog I will show you how you can make samosas at home using simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Frying Time : 5-6 minutes
For Filling :
- Potato - 2-3 boiled
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1 fine chopped
- Green Chili - 2-3 fine chopped
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Whole Coriander Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaf - 3-4 tablespoon fine chopped
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Cumin Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
For Dough :
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Carom Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
- Water - 1/2 cup
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily if you are in US from amazon)
1. Here are all the ingredients for dough.
2. Take all purpose flour in a big bowl, add carom seeds and oil in the flour.
3. Mix the oil very well in the flour, the flour will start to combine. Add water in the flour and make smooth dough. Add little bit of water at a time.
4. The dough is ready. Do not make very soft dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Here are all the ingredients for filling.
6. Peel the boiled potato and crush roughly. Keep it side.
7.Heat a pan and dry roast the whole coriander seeds.
8. Roughly crush the roasted coriander seeds and keep is side.
9. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
10. Add fine chopped onion, green chili and saute for 1 minute on medium flame or till onion gets slightly translucent.
11. Add fine chopped ginger, crushed coriander seeds and saute for 1 minute.
12. Add boiled crushed potato and green peas and mix well with the tempering.
13. Add all the seasoning, mix well and and saute the mixture for 5-6 minutes.
14. Add fine chopped coriander leaf and mix well. Take out the filling in a plate and let it cool down completely.
15. Take small portion from the dough and make it in oval shape.
17. Do not roll the sheet very thin.
18. Take one portion of the sheet and apply little bit of water on the edge. Bring both the ends together to make a cone shape. Pinch slightly on the joint.
19. Fill 2 tablespoon of filling in the made cone. Apply little bit of water on the edge and seal the samosa.
20. The samosa is ready to fry. Make all the samosa with the same procedure.
21. All the samosas are ready to fry. Here I have made 10 samosas.
22. Heat oil in a pan / wok to fry on medium heat and fry the ready samosa from all the sides till golden brown. Keep the flame on medium.
23. Drain the samosa on a kitchen towel.
24. Serve hot the samosa with some ketchup and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Cumin Seeds
2. Turmeric Powder
3. Cumin Coriander Powder
4. Carom Seeds