Besan Laddo is a popular Indian sweet dish made of besan (chickpea flour), sugar and ghee (clarified butter). It is often served at festivals, family events and religious occasions in India. First Besan is roasted in ghee till golden brown appearance with nutty fragrance. Then sugar and dry fruits are also mixed in this mixture. Sweet balls are then made from this mixture. Today in this blog post I will cover the whole process of making this delicious delight.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Roasting Time : 30-35 minutes
- Besan / Chickpea Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee / Clarified Butter - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup (powdered)
- Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Almonds - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Heat ghee / clarified butter in a pan / wok on medium heat, add the besan / chickpea flour and mix well.
3. Mix well the besan / chickpea flour in the ghee / clarified butter and break all the lumps. Stir continuously and roast the flour.
4. After 5 minutes of roasting, the flour starts to combine. Roast the flour till it separates the ghee / clarified butter.
5. After 10 minutes of roasting, the flour starts to seperate the ghee / clarified butter. Keep roasting and stir continuously.
6. After 20 minutes of roasting, the mixture turns little glossy and smooth. Keep roasting and stir continuously.
7. After 35 minutes of roasting, flour separates the butter and the mixture would have turned very glossy and smooth. Now the flour is roasted perfectly and the mixture is ready.
8. Take out the ready mixture in a plate and let it cool down completely.
9. Once the mixture cool down, add cardamom powder, fine chopped almonds and sugar. Add little bit of sugar at a time. Mix all the ingredients together.
10. Use your hand to mix the mixture.
11. Add the next batch of sugar and mix well again in the mixture. Add sugar as per your taste.
11. Once mixed properly, take small portion from the ready mixture and make smooth ball.
12. The ball is ready, keep it side and make all the balls.
13. Press fine chopped pistachio on the top and serve. Enjoy. Store in a air tight box for long shelf life.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :