Kulcha is a very popular Indian bread prepared using all purpose flour.It is usually served with Indian curry .If you are bored of regular Roti and Naan you can try Kulcha with your favorite curry .In this blog post I will show you how you can make Kulcha at home in simple steps .
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Resting Time : 15 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Active Dry Yeast - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Curd - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaf - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Water - 1/4 cup + for kneading
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take 1/4 cup luke warm water, add sugar and mix well. Add active dry yeast in the sugar solution and mix well. Keep this mixture undisturbed for 5 minutes or until the mixture turns foamy and bubbly.
3. Dry yeast upon activation turns foamy.
4. Take the all purpose flour in a mixing bowl, add curd in the flour and mix well.
5. Add the active yeast mixture in the flour and knead to form dough.
6. Now the dough starts to combine, add little bit of water if required and make a smooth and soft dough.
7. The smooth dough is ready, apply little bit of oil on the surface to avoid cracks while proofing. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and let it proof little bit for 15 minutes.
8. The dough is proofed little bit. Knead the dough once again lightly.
9. Divide the dough in equal ball sized portions. Here I am making 6 numbers of kulcha.
10. Take one portion, apply little bit of oil and roll into a sheet. Do not roll it very thin. Sprinkle little bit of coriander leaf and roll once again on the leaf, so that leaf sticks on the surface.
11. Heat a griddle/ tawa on medium heat, put the rolled kulcha on the hot griddle / tawa, keep the coriander leaf side down.
12. Slightly cook the kulcha from one side and flip it. Apply little bit of oil/ butter on the surface and cook the kulcha.
13. Flip the kulcha on other side and apply butter/ oil and cook the kulcha from both the sides.
14. The kuclcha is puffed up nicely and cooked perfectly. Take out in a plate.
15. Serve the kulcha with your favorite curry and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.