Medu Vada is a South Indian dish and is great option for breakfast or evening snack with some filter coffee or tea. Vada is made from pulses and is soft from inside and crispy from outside .It is generally served with chutney or sauce or sambhar. Today I will show how you can prepare fresh medu vada at home in easy steps .
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Soaking Time : 5-6 hours
Frying Time : 5-6 minutes
Serving : 1-2 persons
- Split Black Gram / Urad Dal - 1 cup soaked
- Curry Leaf - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Coriander Leaf - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Green Chili - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Split Bengal Gram / Chana Dal- 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Salt - according to taste
- Oil - for frying
- Water - 2 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. I have already soaked the split black gram / urad dal overnight.
2. Take the soaked split black grams / urad dal in a grinder, add 2 tablespoon of water and grind the grams. Do not add a lot of water.
3. Take out the grind grams in a big mixing bowl, add all the other ingredients. Mix well the ingredients in the ground gram.
4. Now the mixture is fluffy and ready.
5. Apply little bit water in your palms, take ball size of the the mixture, roll and flatten and make a little hole in the middle.
6. Heat oil for frying on medium heat, add the shaped vada in the hot oil and fry till golden brown from all the sides.
7. Take out the fried vada in a kitchen towel.
8. Serve the vada with some ketchup or some sambhar and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Split Black Gram / Urad Dal
2. Cumin Seeds
3. Asafoetida / Hing
4. Turmeric Powder
5. Curry Leaf