Soy Seekh Kabab
Soy Seekh Kebab is a starter prepared from Soyabean Chunks. It's a vegetarian dish and served with fresh chutney or sauce. You can prepare this recipe at home with simple ingredients. In this blog post I will cover all the steps needed to prepare this dish.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Frying Time : 5-6 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
- Soybean - 1 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1 roughly chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic - 5-6
- Green Chili - 1-2 roughly chopped
- Coriander Leaf - 1/4 cup
- Chickpea Flour / Besan - 1/2 cup
- Coriander Cumin Powder - 1 tablepsoon
- Chaat Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Water - 2 cups boiling
- Oil - for frying
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take 2 cups of boiling water in a bowl and dip the soybean in the water for 10 minutes along with little bit of salt. Keep it side till soybean turns soft.
3. Take onion, ginger, garlic and green chili in a grinding jar and make smooth paste of them.
4. Squeeze the excess water from the soaked soybean and put them in the grinder jar along with the made paste. Here I am half of the soybean at a time. Grind the soybean till smooth. Do not add water.
5. Here is the second batch of soaked soybean, grind all the soybean to a smooth paste.
6. Take out the smooth soy paste in a mixing bowl.
7.Add all the seasonings and mix well.
NOTE: Here I am using kashmiri red chili powder which is mild in spice level and gives a good color to the kabab. If you are using regular chili powder, just add 1/2 tablespoon of it. For good color, you can use red food color.
8. Add coriander leaf and mix well.
9. Add chickpea flour / besan and mix well.
NOTE: You can use all purpose flour / bread crumbs / corn starch as binding agent as substitute of chickpea flour / besan.
10. Now the mixture is ready. Make the mixture of binding consistency, do not make it very stiff or very runny.
11. Take your favorite skewers. Here I am using wooden medium sized skewers (soaked in water for 15 minutes).
12. Apply little bit of water in hand, take ball size mixture and start putting the mixture around the skewer and directly put them in medium hot oil.
13. Fry the kababs in medium hot oil till it turns nice golden brown and crispy.
14. Serve hot with some yogurt mint dip (click here for recipe) and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Turmeric Powder
2. Red Chili Powder
3. Cumin Coriander Powder
I certainly appreciate this. It is an extraordinary site and has a pleasant article. Great job! You all do an extraordinary blog, Keep up the great work.cabbage red food color manufacturerReplyDelete
Nice information, this information is excellent and important for everyone. I am thankful to you for providing this kind of information. order pasta online in UKReplyDelete
This Article is Awesome. It’s helped me a lot. Please keep up your good work. We are always with you and Waiting for your new interesting articles. Best Italian food shop in UKReplyDelete