Tandoori chicken is very popular chicken recipe in Indian/Pakistani restaurant these days. It can be served as starters or even as main course. It is very easy to prepare these at home with fresh/frozen chicken in simple steps. Today I am sharing how to prepare Tandoori Chicken at home using very simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Marination Time: 30 minutes + 4 hours
Roasting Time : 35 - 40 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
Serving : 2-3 persons
- Chicken - 750 grams
- Hung Curd - 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Cumin Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 4 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Italian Seasoning - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaf - 1/4 cup fine chopped
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I am using chicken wings, you can use boneless chicken also.
2. Make slant cuts on the sides of the chicken wings so that the marination will seep in the chicken perfectly.
3. In this step we will prepare for the first marination. Take 3 tablespoon of lemon juice in a mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon of red chili powder and salt . Mix the ingredients.
NOTE: Here I am using kashmiri red chili powder which is mild in spice level and gives a good color to the chicken. If you are using regular chili powder, just add 1/2 tablespoon of it. For good color, you can use red food color.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix well in the marination.
5. Add the chicken pieces and coat the chicken very well with the marination.
6. The chicken pieces is coated well. Rub the marination on the cuts so it seeps in the chicken very well. Now cover it and let the chicken rest for 30 minutes.
7. Once the chicken is marinated in first marination, lets prepare the second marination. Take thick/ hung curd in a mixing bowl and add ginger garlic paste, coriander cumin powder, garam masala and red chili powder (1 tablespoon). Mix all the ingredients in the curd.
8. Add lemon juice (1 tablespoon) and little bit of salt and mix well.
9. Add italian seasoning (you can use carom seeds instead), black pepper powder and coriander leaf and mix well in the marination.
10. Here I am adding 1 teaspoon of chat masala (optional step).
11. Now add the curd marination mixture in the chicken.
12. Coat the chicken pieces with the curd marination. Cover and let it rest for 4 hours.
13. Preheat oven on 400 Fahrenheit (200 celcius), line a baking tray with parchment / butter paper and put the marinated chicken pieces on the tray.
- Put the oven on broil mode and cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Now take out the tray and turn the chicken pieces to another side and cook again for 5 minutes on broil mode. Continue the process till the chicken is completely cooked and turns brown from all the sides. It almost take 35- 40 minutes.
- If you are using air fryer, put the temperature of air fryer to 400 Fahrenheit (200 celsius) and cook it for 25 minutes.
- If you do not have oven, just simply shallow fry the chicken pieces in a pan on medium heat till it turns golden brown from all the sides.
14. The chicken is perfectly cooked and brown.
15. Serve the tandoori chicken with some yogurt mint dip (click here for recipe) and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Cumin Coriander Powder
2. Garam Masala
3. Red Chili Powder