Jalfrezi is a curry dish in the Indian subcontinent and popular throughout the region. The main ingredient can be meat, fish, paneer or vegetables and it is stir-fried with green bell peppers. Today I am making paneer jalfrezi with some easy steps and regular spices.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 50 grams
- Carrot - 1 julienne
- Green Bell Pepper - 1/2 julienne
- Onion - 1 thin sliced
- Green Chili - 1 thin sliced
- Tomato - 1 thin sliced
- Ginger - 1 inch (julienne)
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - According to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon Stick - 1
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Water - 2 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I forgot to add cumin seeds in the picture.
2. Crush the coriander seeds lightly and keep it side.
3. Heat oil in a pan/ wok and lightly fry the paneer/ cottage cheese. Drain the fried paneer / cottage cheese in a plate and keep it side.
4. Heat the oil again on medium flame (I am using the same oil), add cumin seeds and crushed coriander seeds and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add sliced onions and carrot and saute for 1 minute on medium flame.
6. Add julienne green bell pepper, cinnamon stick and saute for 1 minute. Keep the flame on medium.
7. Add sliced tomato, green chili and julienne ginger and saute for 2 minute.
8. Add the powdered spices, mix well and and cook the mixture till it starts to separate oil.
9. Add tomato sauce, fried paneer / cottage cheese and 2 tablespoon water. Mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot. Enjoy with your favorite naan/ roti / puri.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Paneer / Cottage Cheese
2. Garam Masala
3. Cumin Seeds
4. Coriander Seeds
5. Turmeric Powder
6. Garam Masala
Post a Comment