Stuffed Egg Fritters
Egg Fritters (egg bonda) is a famous South Indian starter or side dish. Egg fritters is also known as egg pakora or egg bajji in the native language. Today I am making stuffed egg fritters in which the stuffing is made by yolk and some added spices to make it little spicy.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Frying Time : 3-4 minutes
- Eggs - 4 boiled
- Onion - 1 fine chopped
- Green Chili - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Coriander Leaf - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Gram Flour / Besan - 1/2 cup
- Salt - According to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + for frying
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. I have already boiled the eggs.
2. Peel the boiled eggs and cut them in half.
3. Take out the yolk (yellow part) in a separate bowl. Keep the side.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium flame and add black mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
5. Add fine chopped onion, green chili and ginger. Saute them for 1 minute on medium flame.
6. Add salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder, mix well and saute for 30 seconds.
7. Add the separated yolk (yellow part), crush gently and mix well with the mixture.
8. Add chopped coriander powder and mix well. Once done, transfer to bowl/ plate and let it cool down.
9. Take gram flour / besan in a bowl, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well.
10. Add little bit of water and make a lump free thick batter. Add little bit of water at a time.
11. The batter is ready. Make the batter thick to coat the egg.
12. Stuff the eggs with the yolk mixture.
13. Dip the stuffed egg in batter and coat from all the sides.
14. Fry the dipped eggs in medium hot oil from all the sides till golden brown.
15. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite tea or coffee.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Turmeric Powder
2. Black Mustard Seeds
3. Gram Flour / Besan