Egg wraps are tasty and can be served as breakfast or evening snack .The filling is made of vegetables, meats or paneer / tofu along with spices and sauces. In this blog post I will cover how to prepare egg wraps easily at home.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serving : 4 person
For Wrap :
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Carom Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Water - for kneading
- Eggs - 4
- Mustard Sauce - 2-3 tablespoon
For Filling :
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Green Chili - 1 chopped
- Coriander Leaf - 1/4 cup chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 1/2 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take the flour in a big mixing bowl, add carom seeds, little bit of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Mix everything nicely with the flour.
3. Add water in the flour mixture and knead the dough. Add little bit of water at a time. Make a smooth and soft dough.
4. The dough is ready now. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough in equal balls. Take one ball and, dust some flour over it.
6. Roll the ball in thin roti / chapati.
7. Heat a tawa / griddle and put the rolled roti / chapati and cook one side slightly.
8. Cook slightly on both side.
9. Make all the roti / chapati. Take out in a plate and keep it side.
10. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
11. Add sliced onions and green chili. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
12. Add chopped tomato, salt and turmeric. Mix well and saute for some time.
13. Add ginger garlic paste (click here for recipe), mix well and saute for 5 minutes.
14. Add grated paneer / cottage cheese, mix well and saute for 5 minutes.
15. Add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and read chili sauce, mix well.
16. Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and saute for 5 minutes. Take out the filling in a plate and let it cool down.
17. Break one egg and whisk, heat oil in a pan and add the whisked egg.
18. Put one roti / chapati, on the uncooked side. Turn on the other side and cook one side of roti / chapati till golden brown.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredients Reference :
1. Cumin Seeds
2. Turmeric Powder
3. Paneer / Cottage Cheese