Pyaz Kachori is a dish of Rajasthanin which a fried pastry filled with a spicy onion filling. It is one of the famous spicy snack food from Western part of India. It is flaky and crispy from outside and spicy from inside.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Frying Time : 5-7 minutes/ per kachori
For Dough :
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Carom Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Water - for kneading
For Filling :
- Onion - 2-3 sliced
- Green Chili - 2-3 sliced
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Whole Coriander Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat Masala - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 1/2 tablespoon + for frying
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take all purpose flour in a big bowl, add carom seeds and 2 tablespoon of oil. Mix the oil in the flour till crumbly.
3. Add water and start kneading the dough. Add little water at a time.
4. Knead the dough till smooth. Do not make very soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Crush the coriander seeds slightly. Do not make its powder. Keep it side.
6. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pan / wok on medium flame, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and crushed coriander seeds. Saute them for 1 minute.
7. Add sliced onion and green chili. Saute for 2 minutes.
8. Add the powdered spices. Cover the mixture and cook for 5 minutes or till onions cooked well on low flame. Stir occasionally.
9. The mixture is ready. Take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool down.
10. Divide the dough in small equal portions.
11. Take one ball and smooth it. Dust some flour on the ball if needed.
12. Roll the ball slightly, do not roll very thin.
13. Put 1 1/2 tablespoon filling. Apply little bit of water at the edge and seal in the middle.
14. Flat the filled kachori gently and keep it side.
15. Prepare all the kachoris.
16. Heat the oil for frying, add the kachori in the medium hot oil and fry golden brown on both sides.
17. The kachori is puffed up and ready. Take out the kachori in a kitchen towel and fry all the prepared kachoris.
18. Serve the kachoris and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Cumin Seeds
2. Carom Seeds
3. Whole Coriander Seeds
4. Turmeric Powder
5. Garam Masala
6. Chat Masala