Mango Rice is a simple South Indian Dish made with raw mango and stir fried with rice. This is very simple to make and can be served with chutney or curry . Today I will cover how to cook this recipe with simple ingredients .
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
- Rice - 1 1/2 cup
- Mango - 1 (raw)
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Green Chili - 2-3 slit
- Whole Red Chili - 1
- Urad Daal / Split Black Lentil - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Chana Daal / Split Gram Lentil - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Dry Coconut Slices - 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Whole Black Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 1/2 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
NOTE: Here I am using dry curry leaves. Preferably use fresh curry leaf.
You can use leftover rice or fresh rice for this recipe. Here I am making fresh rice.
2. Cook the rice with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Lemon juice reduces the rice starch and make it non sticky.
3. Once the rice is cooked, drain the rice and keep it side.
4. Here I am using ripe (sour) mango. I cut the mango in small pieces. If you are using raw mango, grate the mango and keep it side.
5. Heat a wok / pan, add peanut and dry coconut slices and dry roast them on medium flame till it turns slightly golden.
6. Take out roasted peanuts and coconut in a bowl and keep it side.
7. Heat 2 1/2 tablespoon of oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal / split black lentil, chana dal / split gram lentil and whole dry red chili. Saute them till little golden on medium flame.
8. Add sliced onion and green chili, saute till onion turns little translucent. Add fresh curry leaf at this stage.
9. Add turmeric powder, mix and saute for 2 minutes.
10. Add roasted peanuts and coconut, mix well.
11. Add cooked rice and mix with the mixture.
12. Add chopped / grated mango, salt and mix well. Here I have added curry leaf that's dried. Fry the rice and mango for 4-5 minutes on high flame. Stir continuously.
13. Serve hot and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Black Mustard Seeds
2. Whole Dry Red Chili
3. Urad Daal / Split Black Lentil
4. Chana Dal / Split Gram Lentil
5. Dry Coconut Slices
6. Turmeric Powder
Post a Comment