Black Eyed Peas Curry
Black eyed peas is very nutritional and has good protein content. One can prepare its curry with spices to make it delicious. Today i will share the recipe for Black eyed peas curry. Follow the below steps to prepare this at home.
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Servings : 2-3 persons
- Black Eyed Pea / Lobia - 1 cup soaked
- Onion - 2-3 sliced
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili - 1-2 slit
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaf - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Asafoetida - 1/2 teaspoon
- Water - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 tablespoon
Whole Spices :
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Black Pepper Corns - 8-10
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cloves - 5-6
- Whole Dry Red Chili - 2
- Black Cardamom - 1
- Star Anise - 1
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Here are all the whole spices.
3. Heat oil in a cooker, add all the whole spices and let them splutter on medium flame.
4. Add sliced onions and mix. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes or till onion starts turning translucent.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and green chili along with asafoetida. Mix well and let them cook till raw smell of ginger garlic paste removed.
6. Add tomato and all the powdered spices. Mix well and let them cook till the mixture starts to separate oil.
7. Add soaked black eyed peas / lobia and mix well.
8. Add 1 cup of water and coriander leaf. Cover and pressure cook it on medium flame for 2-3 whistles. Let it cool completely on its own.
9. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite rice and bread.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Turmeric Powder
2. Cumin Seeds
3. Red Chili Powder
4. Coriander Cumin Powder
5. Whole Red Chili
Post a Comment