Dahi Ke Sholey
Dahi ke Sholey is very popular starter or snack item in restaurant these days. It is made with bread and yogurt filling. It is crispy from outside and creamy inside. Today I am going to show you how to prepare Dahi ke Sholey at home using simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
- Dahi / Yogurt - 1 cup
- Red Capsicum - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Onion -2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Green Chilies - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Back Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Bread Slices - 3-4
- Oil - for frying
- Water - 1/2 cup
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take the curd in a muslin cloth / cheese cloth.
3. Grab the cloth form all the sides and make a bundle (potli)and squeeze the water slightly.
4. Hang the curd on a tap for 3-4 hours and let it drip extra moisture on its own.
5. Once done, take out the hung curd in a bowl and add fine chopped capsicum, onion and green chili and mix well.
NOTE: Here I am using red capsicum, you can add any capsicum or soft vegetable available for you.
6. Add all the seasonings along with salt and mix well.
7. The curd filling is ready. Keep it side.
8. Take the bread slice and trim the brown part. You can make bread crumbs (click here for recipe) from this leftovers.
9. Roll the bread with a rolling pin.
10. Apply water on the bread slice.
11. Put 1 1/2 tablespoon of yogurt / dahi filling diagonally.
12. Stick the bread from sides. Slit the extra bread.
13. Put the sholey in medium hot oil and fry till it turns crisp and brown.
14. Serve hot the dahi ke sholey with your favorite sauce and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.