Jalebi is a various famous North Indian Sweet dish. It is crispy and sweet. It is prepared with primary ingredient "all purpose flour". The sweetness is because of sugar Syrup. Today I will show you how to prepare Jalebi at home using simple ingredients. Follow the below steps.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
Serving : 3-4 persons
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Corn Starch - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Yogurt / Dahi - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Saffron Strands - 5-6
- Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1/4 teaspoon
- Yellow Food Color - 1 pinch
- Water - 1 cup + 1/2 cup
- Oil - for frying
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Heat one cup of water in a pan, add the sugar and mix well. Keep the flame on medium.
3. Once sugar gets dissolved, add cardamom powder and saffron strands and boil the syrup.
4. Boil the syrup till it turns dense and starts to coat on the spatula.
5. Take out from the heat and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mix to prevent it from crystallization.
6. Take all purpose flour, corn starch and yogurt/dahi in a mixing bowl and mix well.
7. Add little bit of water and mix it till it turns smooth and lump free.
8. Here I am adding little bit of yellow food color. This step is optional. Here you can add little bit of turmeric powder also.
9. Add little bit of baking soda and mix well.
10. To make the jalebi, you can use ziplock lag, icing cone or any pointed can. Fill the batter.
11. Heat the oil in a pan / wok and drip the jalebi batter in circular motion.
12. Fry the jalebi on medium heat till it turns crispy and brown. Take out in a paper towel.
13. Dip the fried jalebi in the syrup for 30 seconds.
14. Serve hot and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.