Homemade Paneer / Cottage Cheese
During lock down period lot of you have requested me on how one can prepare paneer at home from milk. Today I will explain how one can prepare paneer at home in simple steps using milk.
Please follow the below steps to prepare paneer at home.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Setting Time : 4-5 hours
- Milk - 2 1/2 cup
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 3 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I am using white vinegar, you can use 1 tablespoon lemon juice instead.
2. Take 3 tablespoon in a bowl, add the vinegar and mix lightly. Keep it side.
3. Take milk a pan and let it boil on medium flame. Stir continuously till it starts boiling.
4. Add water mixed vinegar in the boiling milk. Stir and mix properly.
5. Remove the milk from flame, stir the milk it starts to curdle.
6. Put a cheese cloth/ muslin cloth (any thin cloth available) on a colander to strain the curdled milk.
7. Put the colander in a big vessel.
8. Strain the curdled milk on the cloth.
9. The cottage cheese is ready. You can use it as it is. Collect the cloth from all the sides.
10. Store the water in a bottle in refrigerator, you can use this water to knead dough or for curries.
11. Level the cottage cheese in a plate.
12. Cover the cottage cheese with another plate. Put some weight on the plate to harden to form paneer. Let it set for 4-5 hours or over night.
13. The paneer is ready.
14. Cut the paneer in desired shape and make delicious recipes.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Post a Comment