Garlic Naan is very common Indian bread popular in Indian restaurants.It is usually served with curry or chutney. You can easily prepare Garlic Naan at home. This blog post will show how to prepare Garlic Naan at home in simple steps.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 4-5 minutes
Resting Time : 15 minutes
Serving : 2-3 persons
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Salt - 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1/2 tablespoon
- Yogurt - 2 tablespoon
- Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Black Sesame Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaf - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Water - for kneading + 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take flour in a mixing bowl, add sugar, salt, baking soda ad yogurt. Add half of the fine chopped garlic. Mix everything with the flour.
3. Add little bit of water and knead the flour till it combines.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead the dough till it turns soft and smooth.
5. The dough is ready. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
6. Divide the dough in equal medium ball size portions.
7. Take a ball and roll it in oval (optional) shape. Sprinkle little bit of fine chopped garlic, coriander leaf and sesame seeds.
8. Sprinkle little bit of flour on the naan and roll it lightly.
9. Turn the naan to other side and apply thin layer of water.
10. Heat tawa (iron / cast iron)/ griddle on medium-high heat and put the rolled naan on the heated Tawa/griddle. Put the water coated side of naan upside down so it sticks on the tawa.
11. Turn the griddle / tawa upside down and put the heat on high. Cook the naan till it turns golden brown on the upper side. Preferably, use LPG gas for better result.
12. The naan is perfectly cooked and puffed. Apply butter on it.
13. The naan is cooked perfectly from the bottom part also.
14. Serve the naan with your favorite curry and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe to this blog. If you have any questions or any doubt you can leave a message in the contact me section at the bottom.