Banana & Nuts Bread
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 55-60 minutes
- Banana - 2
- All-Purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Butter - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tablespoon
- Walnut - 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Sunflower Seeds - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1/2 teaspoon for spreading
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I am using walnuts and sunflower seeds, you can use your favourite nuts or just skip adding any nuts in the bread.
2. Take the peeled and roughly chopped banana in a mixing bowl and mash it with the help of a fork or a masher.
3. Break eggs in the mashed banana, add sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well with the help of an electric beater or a hand whisker.
4. Add melted butter and baking soda in the banana mixture and mix well till it turns little frothy. Here I am using an electric beater.
5. Add the flour in the mixture and mix well. Use a spoon or a spatula for mixing the flour.
NOTE: Do not use a whisker or an electric beater at this point as it will reduce the air that has risen. Presence of this air makes the bread fluffy.
6. Add 1/4 cup of milk in the batter and mix well. Mix gently, do not overmix.
7. Make a lump-free batter of ribbon-like consistency which means when you drop it with the spoon, it drops like a ribbon.
8. Add your favourite nuts and mix them gently.
9. Apply a little bit of oil in a bread pan and pour the bread batter in the pan. Sprinkle some nuts on top (optional).
10. Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius) for 55-60 minutes.
NOTE: If you do not have an oven, take a big cooker/vessel, add 2 cups of salt/sand and heat it for 10 minutes on high heat. Put the pan in the preheated cooker and cover with a heavy plate, bake for 45-50 minutes on low-medium heat.
11. Once done, take out the bread and prick a knife or skewer in the bread.
12. The bread is ready if the knife or skewer comes out clean.
13. Take out the bread and let it cools down completely. Slice the bread and enjoy in your breakfast/dinner.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe to this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.