Veg Momo is a dish from Tibetan origin. It is very similar to the dumplings or Dim sum version of Chinese dish. It is a tasty snack and veg momo has all vegetables so vegetarians can enjoy it.
In this blog, I will show you how to prepare Momos at your home in simple steps. Please follow along.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serving: 2 persons
For Filling :
- Cabbage - 1 cup fine chopped
- Onion - 1/2 cup fine chopped
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Chaat Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Chicken Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + for brushing
For Dough :
- All-Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Water - for kneading
1. Take flour in a mixing bowl, add salt and oil and mix well.
2. Add a little bit of water at a time and knead the dough. Do not knead the dough very soft.
3. Once the dough is ready, cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
4. Here are all the ingredients for filling.
5. Take all the ingredients of filling in a mixing bowl along with 1 tablespoon of oil, squeeze the cabbage with the seasonings till it mixed properly.
6. The mixture is ready.
7. Divide the dough into small equal portions.
8. Roll the dough in a small sheet. Do not roll it very thin. You can use a little bit of oil for smooth rolling.
9. Put 1 1/2 tablespoon of filling in the middle of the rolled sheet, apply water on the edges of the sheet and fold half of the sheet on the filling to give it the shape of momo.
10. The momo is ready. Make all the momos like this. You can shape the momos as per your choice.
11. You can shape the momos as per your choice.
12. Here I have made 2 different shapes of momos.
13. Apply a little bit of oil on steaming colander/momo steamer.
14. Arrange the momos on the colander. Put the colander on the boiling water and cover.
15. Cook the momos for 12-15 minutes on medium-high flame.
16. Once cooked, take out the momos in a serving plate and enjoy with the dip.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe to this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Post a Comment