Mexican Fried Rice
Mexican Fried Rice has a unique flavour. The taco seasoning is the secret sauce of this recipe. If you are looking for something different with the Rice you should try Mexican Fried Rice. Today I will show you how one can prepare Mexican Rice at home using simple ingredients.
Preparation Time: 10 minutesCooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving: 2-3 persons
- Rice - 1 cup
- Onion - 3/4 cup fine chopped
- Green Capsicum - 3/4 cup cubed
- Tomato - 1/2 cup chopped
- Green Peas - 1/2 cup
- Sweet Corn - 1/2 cup
- Garlic - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Kidney Beans - 3/4 cup pre-boiled
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili Flakes - 1 teaspoon
- Taco Seasoning - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I have already boiled the kidney beans. You can add your favourite vegetables.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan on medium flame. Add fine chopped garlic and onion and saute for 1 minute.
3. Wash the rice and add in the onion and garlic mixture. Fry the rice for 5 minutes on medium flame.
4. Add chopped tomato, capsicum, red chilli flakes, black pepper powder, and taco seasoning. Mix well and cook the vegetables for 5 minutes. Keep the flame on medium.
5. Add salt and mix well.
6. Add 1 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook till rice is half cooked.
7. Add boiled kidney beans, green peas, sweet corns and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes or till rice is cooked well.
NOTE: Here I am using frozen green peas and sweet corns. If you are using fresh green peas and sweet corns, add them with water to let it cooked well.
8. Once done, served hot and enjoy with your favourite curry.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe to this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.