Veg Frankie Roll
Veg Frankie Roll is a very common snack in Indian Subcontinent. You can prepare this at home using ingredients and vegetables that you like. Today in this blog I will show you how to prepare veg Frankie roll at home in simple steps. Follow along to prepare and satisfy your snack cravings.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2-3 persons
For Dough :
- All-Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
- Wheat Flour -
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Water - for kneading
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Butter - 2 tablespoon
For Frankie Masala :
- Red Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
For Frankie Filling :
- Boiled Potatoes - 1-2
- Onion - 2 tablespoon fine shredded
- Onion - 3-4 tablespoon fine chopped
- Cabbage - 1 cup fine shredded
- Frankie Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tablespoons fine chopped
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Salt - according to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar dipped onion - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients for the dough.
2. Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Add a little bit of water and knead the dough.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead the dough till it turns smooth and soft.
5. The dough is ready. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
6. Divide the dough in small balls.
7. Take a ball and smoothen and flatten it. Dust some flour on the ball.
8. Roll it in a thin roti/sheet.
9. Put the rolled roti/sheet on medium-hot Tawa/griddle and cook slightly form one side.
10. Turn the roti/sheet to other side and cook slightly.
11. Once all sheets are cooked, cover and keep it aside.
12. Here are all the ingredients for the Frankie Masala.
13. Take all the masala in a bowl and mix well.
14. The Frankie Masala is mixed and combined well. Keep it aside.
15. Here are all the ingredients for Frankie filling. Here I have already boiled and mashed it roughly.
16. Slice 1 small onion and 1-2 green chillies, add them in 1/2 cup of vinegar, add a little bit of salt and sugar and let them rest for 1-2 hours.
17. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan or wok, add cumin seeds and finely chopped ginger. Saute them for 30 seconds on medium heat.
18. Add finely chopped onion and saute them for 1-2 minutes or till it turns little translucent.
19. Add turmeric powder and saute it with the onions for 30 seconds.
20. Add roughly mashed boiled potatoes, salt, Frankie masala and mix well. Fry them for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
21. Add fine chopped coriander leaf and mix well.
22. The mixture is ready and let it cool down slightly.
23. Heat a Tawa/griddle, add 1 teaspoon of butter.
24. Put the half-cooked roti/sheet on the Tawa and add 1 teaspoon of butter on top.
25. Cook the roti/sheet till it turns brown from both the sides.
26. Take the roti/sheet, add 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce and red chilli sauce and speed on the roti/sheet.
27. Put a little bit of shredded cabbage and onion on the roti/sheet.
28. Put 1-2 tablespoons of potato mixture, add vinegar dipped onion and chilli on top.
29. Roll the roti/sheet.
30. Enjoy the veg Frankie roll.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe to this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.