Kaju Katli is very famous Indian sweet dish prepared from cashew. This is very commonly available in sweet shops on festive occasions. On auspicious occasion of Diwali festival I am sharing how to prepare Kaju Katli at home in simple steps. You will need cashews, sugar, milk powder and cardamom powder to prepare this at home.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Resting Time : 30 minutes
- Kaju / Cashew Nuts - 2 cups (500 grams)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Milk Powder - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1 cup
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take little cashews / Kaju in a grinder (do not add a lot at a time), grind the cashew /Kaju in snooze mode at regular intervals of 2 seconds each. Do not grind continuously as cashews / Kaju will starts leaving its oil.
3. Take out the cashew / kaju in a sifter and sift the powder for smooth texture.
4. Take out the residue in a bowl, you can use this in any curry.
5. Once the cashew powder is ready, add milk powder and mix well.
6. The powder mixture is ready. Keep it side.
7. Heat 1 cup of water in a pan / wok, add sugar and cardamom powder and let it boil. Boil the syrup till its consistency turns to double string syrup .
8. The formation of bubbles in the syrup is getting consistence, means the syrup is ready. You can check the consistency by taking little bit of syrup in the middle of thumb tip and finger tip, when you pull apart the finger and thumb, you can see the formation of the double string.
9. Once the syrup is ready, take out the pan / wok from the heat and add the powder mixture and mix well with the made syrup.
10. Keep the consistency of the mixture like ribbon. Allow it to cool down a little bit. As the mixture cools down, it starts solidifying. Do not let it cool down completely.
11. Take out the cool cashew mixture on a parchment paper / thick plastic wrap, it is looking little grainy right now.
12. Take one corner of the parchment paper / thick plastic wrap and knead the cashew mixture till it turns smooth. The cashew will start to release its natural oil and makes the dough very smooth and glossy. Do not knead the mixture with hands, as it can stick to your hands.
13. The smooth and glossy mixture is ready.
14. Cover the mixture with parchment paper / thick plastic wrap and gently roll it to a sheet of thickness 1/4 inch.
15. Do not roll the sheet very thin.
16. Allow the rolled sheet to set for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes take a sharp knife and cut the sheet in diamond shape.
17. The Kaju Katli is ready. Allow it to set for 20 minutes as undisturbed.
18. Keep the kaju katli in a air tight box and keep it in refrigerator. You can store kaju katli for one month. Enjoy whenever you crave for some sweet.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.