Chicken 65 is a popular chicken recipe very common in restaurant. Chicken is first fried with coating mixed of spices , seasonings, lemon and corn starch and cooked in tasty sauce. It is crispy at top but soft and tender inside. Today I will cover how to prepare chicken 65 at home in simple steps using simple ingredients.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Resting Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Serving : 2 persons
For Chicken Fritters :
- Chicken - 1 1/2 cup boneless
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- All Purpose Flour - 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Corn Starch - 2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Cumin Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 1-2 tablepsoon
- Egg - 1
- Oil - for frying
For Sauce :
- Curry Leaf - 1 sprig
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Green Chili - 2 slit
- Szechuan Sauce - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Curd - 1/2 cup (fresh and thick)
- Oil - 1 1/2 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients for the chicken fritters.
2. Take chicken pieces in a mixing bowl. Here I have cut the chicken pieces in bite size cubes.
3. Add all the seasonings listed for the fritter, mix well and coat chicken pieces with the seasoning.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and coat well the chicken.
5. Add corn starch and all purpose flour in the seasoned chicken and coat coat the chicken with the flour.
6. Add lemon juice and mix well.
7. Break an egg and beat it lightly. Add the beaten egg in the chicken. Mix well the everything with the chicken.
8. Now the chicken is mixed well with all the seasonings and ingredients. Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
9. Heat oil in a pan / wok on medium flame for frying. Add marinated chicken pieces and fry them till chicken turns nice golden brown and crisp.
10. Once done, take out the fried chicken pieces on a kitchen towel and keep it side.
11. Here are all the ingredients for sauce.
12. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok / pan on high heat, add curry leaves, green chilies and chopped garlic and saute them for 30 seconds.
13. Add all the sauces and saute for 30 seconds. Put the flame on medium once the oil turns super hot.
14. Add curd and mix well in the sauces.
15. The sauce is ready. Here I am making dryer version of chicken 65. If you want some gravy, just add little bit of water at this stage. Let it boil and add 1 tablespoon of corn slurry for saucy texture.
16. Add the chicken fritters in the made sauce and mix well.
17. Coat the chicken very well with the sauce.
18. Serve hot the chicken 65 and enjoy as appetizer or in main course.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Post a Comment