Striped Chinese Samosa
Samosas are very popular snack in restaurants these days. Normal Samosa has potato stuffing.Today I am preparing a special samosa popularly known as Chinese Samosa. Chinese Samosas use noodle as stuffing .Today I am sharing simple recipe of Chinese samosa which you can make at home easily and enjoy anytime.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Frying Time : 4-5 minutes
Serving : 2 persons
For Dough :
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Carom Seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 2-3 tablespoon
- Water - for kneading
For Filling :
- Noodles - 1 cup boiled
- Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili - 1 tablespoon fine chopped
- Red Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Green Coriander Leaf - 1/2 cup fine chopped
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoon + for frying
- Water - 2 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily if you are in US from amazon)
1. Here are all the ingredients for dough.
2. Take all purpose flour in a big bowl, add carom seeds and oil in the flour.
3. Mix the oil very well in the flour, the flour will start to combine. Add water in the flour and make smooth dough. Add little bit of water at a time.
4. The dough is ready. Do not make very soft dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
5. Here are all the ingredients for filling. Boil the noodles as per the instructions on the packet. You can add your favorite vegetables / meats.
6. Heat 2 tablespoon oil on medium heat, add cumin seeds, garlic paste and green chili. Saute for 30 seconds.
7. Add sliced onion and capsicum and saute them for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add turmeric powder and saute for 30 seconds.
9. Add boiled noodles and sauces along with salt. Mix everything and saute for 4-5 minutes.
10. Add coriander leaf and mix well. Once done, take out in a plate and let it cool down completely.
11. Make small balls of the made dough and flatten it little bit. Apply oil on the ball and on the rolling board.
12. Roll the ball in thin sheet. Roll the sheet in oval shape.
13. Cut the sheet from the middle. Cut thin strips on one half. Do not cut the strips to the end.
14. Apply water on the striped side.
15. Stick the side to the striped side of the sheet. Roll it a lightly so both the sheets sticks nicely.
16. Stick both the ends and make a cone.
17. Fill 2 tablespoon of noodles filling, apply little bit of oil on the edges and stick the edges.
18. The striped samosa is ready. Make all the samosa with the same procedure.
19. Heat oil for frying on medium flame. Fry the made samosa in the medium hot oil from all the sides till golden.
20. Serve the striped Chinese samosa with your favorite dip and enjoy the hot samosas.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Cumin Seeds