Chicken Tikka is a famous chicken dish commonly served in restaurants. It is crispy from outside and soft and tender from inside. It can be served as dinner or snack. In this blog post I will cover how one can prepare Chicken Tikka at home using simple ingredients in easy steps.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Marination Time : 45 minutes
Baking Time : 15 minutes
Servings : 3-4 persons
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Chat Masala - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon
- Tandoor Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I am using cubed boneless chicken breast.
2. Take chicken in a mixing bowl, add all the seasonings,along with lemon juice and mix well.
NOTE: Here I am using kashmiri red chili powder which is mild in spice level and gives a good color. If you are using regular chili powder, just add 1/2 tablespoon of it. For good color, you can use red food color.
3. The seasonings are mixed well.
4. Add yogurt, tandoori powder, cumin powder and 1 tablespoon of oil and mix well.
5. The chicken is mixed well with the marination. Cover and let it marinade it for 45 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven on 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius), line the baking tray with parchment paper / baking paper, arrange the chicken pieces on the tray or first put them in skewers and then bake.
- Put the oven on broil mode and cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Now take out the tray and turn the chicken pieces to another side and cook again for 5 minutes on broil mode. Continue the process till the chicken is completely cooked and turns brown from all the sides. It almost take 12-15 minutes.
- If you are using air fryer, put the temperature of air fryer to 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius) and cook it for 12-15 minutes.
- If you do not have oven, just simply shallow fry the chicken pieces in a pan on medium heat till it turns golden brown from all the sides.
7. The chicken is perfectly cooked and brown.
8. Serve the chicken tikka with your favorite sauce and enjoy hot.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Post a Comment