Holi festival of colors is fast approaching and Gujiya is a famous sweet snack prepared in Northern India during this festival. Today I will be showing how one can prepare Gujiya at home using simple ingredients and in simple steps. Follow along to learn how to make Gujiya at home.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Resting Time : 10 minutes
Frying Time : 6-7 minutes
For Filling :
- Instant Mawa / Khoya - 1 cup
- Rawa / Sooji - 2 tablespoon
- Cashews - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Almonds - 2 tablespoon chopped
- Dried Coconut Flakes - 2 tablespoon
- Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
For Dough :
- All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Clarified Butter / Ghee - 1 1/2 tablespoon\
- Water - for kneading
- Oil - for frying
1. Here are all the ingredients for dough.
2. Take flour in a mixing bowl, add clarified butter / ghee and mix well in the flour.
3. Add little bit of water at a time and knead it to form smooth and stiff dough.
4. The dough is ready. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Here are all the ingredients for filling. You can add your favorite dry nuts. Here I am using jaggery, you can use 1 cup (or according to your taste) sugar.
6. Heat a pan, add rawa / sooji and roast it on medium flame for 5 minutes.
7. Take out the roasted rawa / sooji in a mixing bowl.
8. Roast the dry nuts for 5 minutes on medium heat. Do not over roast.
9. Once done, take out the roasted nuts in the mixing bowl.
10. Add instant mawa / khoya (click here for recipe), cardamom powder and jaggery / sugar and mix everything.
11. The mixture is ready. Cover and keep it side.
12. Divide the dough in small and equal portions.
13. Take one portion, roll it in a sheet.
14. Roll the sheet a little thick.
15. Put 1 1/2 tablespoon of filling in one half of the rolled sheet.
16. Cover the sheet with the other half and pinch on the sides to seal perfectly.
17. Make design on the sides. Here I am making design with hands, you can use its mold.
18. The gujiya is ready. Put it in a plate and cover with a damp cloth.
19. Make all the gujiya.
20. Heat oil for frying in a pan on medium heat, put gujiya in medium heat oil and fry till it turns crispy and golden brown. Keep the flame on low-medium.
21. Take out the fried gujiya on kitchen towel.
22. Keep the gujiya in an air tight container and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Post a Comment