Instant Mawa / Khoya
Mawa / Khoya / khoa is a dairy product widely used to make curries and sweets in South Asian Cuisine. Mawa / khoya is made by thickening the milk, that takes a lot of time and effort. If you are in rush, try out this instant mawa / khoya recipe which tastes exactly like real mawa / khoya.
Preparation Time : 2 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
- Milk - 300 ml
- Milk Powder - 100 grams
- Clarified Butter / Ghee - 2 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients. Use the milk at room temperature.
2. Heat a pan and add clarified butter / ghee on low flame and let it melt (do not heat the clarified butter / ghee).
NOTE: You can use unsalted butter instead of clarified butter / ghee.
3. Add milk in the melted butter and mix well till milk and clarified butter / ghee gets mixed. Let the milk starts boiling.
4. Add milk powder and mix till it gets smooth and lump free.
5. The mixture is lump free and smooth. Put the heat on low-medium and cook the mixture. Stir continuously to avoid any lump or burns.
6. After 6-7 minutes of cooking, the mixture starts getting thick.
7. After 12 minutes of cooking, the mixture will turn into saucy consistency, keep stirring the mixture.
8. After 15 minutes of cooking, the mixture will starts separating from the sides and starts to collect.
9. Once the mixture starts to form dough like consistency, turn off the heat and let it cool down.
10. Take out the khoya / mawa in a bowl, make your favorite sweets or dish with this instant mawa / khoya.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.