If you want to try some interesting recipe with Rice, Coconut Rice is perfect choice.Rice is cooked in coconut milk with various spices and nuts to give it a unique taste and flavor. In this blog post I will cover the recipe in simple steps how to prepare coconut rice at home. Step by step instructions are listed below.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2-3 persons
- Rice - 1 cup
- Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 cup sliced
- Green Chili - 1-2 slit
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cashew Nuts - 12-15
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 1.2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Carrot - 1/4 cup fine chopped
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup
- Corn Kernels - 1/4 cup
- Green Coriander Leaf - 1/4 cup fine chopped
- Black Peppers corns - 4-5
- Green Cardamom - 2
- Black Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 4-5
- Salt - according to taste
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Clarified Butter / Oil - 2 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon clarified butter / oil on medium heat, add cashew nuts and fry them till golden brown.
3. Take out the fried cashew nuts in a bowl and keep it side.
4. Heat the oil / ghee and add cumin seeds along with all the whole spices and let them crackle on medium heat.
5. Add sliced onion, green chili and bay leaf and cook for 1-2 minutes or till onion turns translucent.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and cook till raw smell vanished.
7. Add vegetables, mix and let them cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
8. Add washed rice (I have not soaked the rice) along with salt and mix. Fry the rice for 2 minutes.
9. Add coconut milk and mix well.
10. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
11. Add fried cashews and coriander leaf, cover and cook the rice 20 minutes. Keep the flame on low - medium heat.
12. Serve hot with your favorite curry and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.