Burger is a dish from western world. Vegetarian burger is snack/dinner item that is popular these days specially amount youths. However at restaurant you might not get right veggies you need. So this post will show you how one can make a vegetarian burger at home in simple steps using your favorite veggies.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
- Potato - 2 boiled
- Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup fine chopped
- Corn Flour - 2 tablespoon
- Bread Crumbs - 3/4 cup
- Chili Flakes - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala - 1 tablespoon
- Onion - 5-6 rings
- Tomato - 4-5 slices
- Salt - according to taste
- Tomato - 1-2 tablespoon
- Mayonnaise - 1-2 tablespoon
- Burger Bun - 2
- Lettuce - 1-2 leaves
- Oil - for frying
- Water - 2-3 tablespoon
1. Here are all the ingredients. Here I have taken capsicum, carrots and beans in mixed vegetables. You can add your favorite vegetables in it. Here I have already boiled and peeled the potatoes.
2. Crush the boiled potato in a mixing bowl, add fine chopped veggies and mix them lightly.
3. Add all the seasonings along with salt and mix nicely.
4. Add 2 tablespoon of bread crumbs and mix well. Bread crumbs will absorbs extra moisture from the mixture.
5. The mixture is ready. Cover and keep it side.
6. Take 2 tablespoon, add little bit salt and 2-3 tablespoon of water. Mix well and make a lump free slurry out of it.
7. The slurry is ready. Make coating consistency slurry, do not make it very thick. Keep it side.
8. Take handful of potato mixture and shape it round patty of 1 inch thickness.
9. Make all the patties.
10. Coat the patties with the bread crumbs.
11. Dip the coated patty in the corn flour slurry.
12. Take out the dipped patty and coat again with the bread crumbs to make it crunchy from outside.
13. Heat oil for frying in a pan / wok on high heat. Put the coated patty in the hot oil and fry till golden brown.
14. Turn over and fry from other side.
15. Take out the fried patty in a plate.
16. Cut the burger in from the middle, apply 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on the bottom slice of the bun, add 1-2 leaves of lettuce and place the fried patty on it.
17. Add sliced tomatoes and onion rings on the patty. Sprinkle little bit of salt on it.
18. Apply mayonnaise on the top slice of the bun and put it on the top of the burger.
19. Serve the burger with some fries and enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.