Moong Daal Kachori
Moong Dal Kachori is a popular snack item in India. If you are staying at home and bored and want to try making a snack this blog post is for you. This snack can be served with chutney or sauce. The steps listed below shows how you can prepare Kachori at home.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Soaking Time : 2-3 hours
Cooking Time : 7-8 minutes
For Filling :
- Moong Dal / Split Green Gram - 1 cup soaked
- Besan / Chickpea Flour - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Whole Coriander Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tablespoon
- Chaat Masala - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - according to taste
- Asafoetida Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Dried Curry Leaf - 6-7
- Dried Fenugreek Leaf - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon + for frying
For Dough :
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Carom Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Water - for kneading
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
2. Take all purpose flour in a big bowl, add carom seeds and 2 tablespoon of oil. Mix the oil in the flour till crumbly.
3. Add water and start kneading the dough. Add little water at a time.
4. Knead the dough till smooth. Do not make very soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Here are all the ingredients for filling. Here I have already soaked moong daal / split green gram.
6. Take soaked moong daal / split green gram in a grinder, grind it coarsely. Do not add water or do not make its fine paste.
7. Once done, take out in a bowl and keep it side.
8. Crush the whole coriander seeds coarsely and keep it side.
9. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and crushed coriander seeds and let them splutter for 30 seconds on medium flame.
10. Add besan / chickpea flour, roast it on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
11. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garlic powder and garam masala. Mix and roast the seasonings for 1 minute on medium flame.
12. Add coarsely ground moong daal / split green gram. Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes. Keep the flame on medium heat.
13. Add black pepper powder, salt, crushed dried curry leaf, dried fenugreek leaf and mix well.
14. Add asafoetida powder and mix well.
15. Once done, take out in a bowl and let it cool down.
16. Divide the dough in small equal portions.
17. Take one ball and smooth it slightly, shape it like a bowl and fill 1 1/2 tablespoon of filling.
18. Press the filling in the middle and seal the kachori in the middle.
19. Take out the extra dough from the top and flatten the kachori slightly.
20. Shape all the kachoris.
21. Heat oil in a pan for frying on low heat, add shaped kachori in the oil and fry on low-medium heat till it turns golden brown from all the sides.
NOTE : If you want to store the kachori then fry the kachori for 1-2 minutes on low - medium heat and take out from the oil. Let it cool down and pack the fried kachori in a ziplock bag and store them in freezer. You can store them for 3-4 weeks.
22. Once fried, take the kachoris in a kitchen towel.
23. Serve hot and enjoy with your favorite sauce.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredient Reference :
1. Cumin Seeds
2. Carom Seeds
3. Whole Coriander Seeds
4. Turmeric Powder
5. Garam Masala
6. Chat Masala