Bhatura is a very famous fluffy deep-fried bread of the the Indian cuisine. It is often eaten with chickpea curry, chole or channe, making the traditional dish chole bhature.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Resting Time : 3-4 hours
Frying Time : 1-2 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Curd - 3 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + for frying
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. (I forgot to add milk in picture)
2. Take flour in a big bowl, add curd and salt and mix well.
3. The flour will start to combine, add 1-2 tablespoon of luke warm milk and knead till forms a dough. Add little bit of milk at a time.
4. Once the mixture combines to form a dough, add 1 tablespoon of oil and knead the dough till soft and smooth.
6. Cover the dough with a cling wrap / wet cotton cloth and let it rest for 3-4 hours.
Note: If you do not want to wait for that long time, use a pinch of baking soda at the time we add curd and salt in the flour, follow the same kneading process, rest the dough for 30 minutes.
7. After 3-4 hours of resting, knead the dough lightly and make small balls.
8. Roll the balls in oval shape (or circle shape) with the help of a rolling pin.
9. Heat oil in a pan/ wok on high flame for frying. Add the rolled Bhatura in the hot oil.
10. Fry both side till golden brown.
11. Serve hot with Chickpea Curry (click here for recipe) and salad.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.