Egg-less Zebra Cake
Zebra cake is a delicious and fancy chocolate and vanilla cake with fudge stripes. This cake is so simple to make with few basic ingredients.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Baking Time : 30-35 minutes
Cooling Time : 5 minutes
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 3-4 tablespoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Curd - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tablespoon
- Water - As required
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take curd in a big bowl , add sugar, oil and vanilla essence and mix well till sugar gets totally dissolve.
3. Once the batter mixed well, it turns light yellow and creamy.
4. Take all purpose flour in a bowl, add baking powder, baking soda and little bit of salt (to balance the taste) and mix the dry ingredients well.
5. Add the dry ingredients in the curd mixture. Mix well and make a lump free batter. Add water in small batch if required.
6. Make the batter in ribbon consistency. Do not make very runny batter.
7. Divide the batter in 2 bowls equally.
8. Add cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of sugar (optional) in half of the batter, mix well . Add water 1-2 tablespoon if required.
9. The chocolate batter is ready .
10. Preheat oven for 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Take a cake pan and grease it with the oil.
You can make the cake in cooker also. Take a big cooker and add salt to it (fill the cooker 1/4 of its size). Now heat the cooker for 15 minutes before putting the cake for baking.
11. Sprinkle some dry flour on the greased pan and tap around the pan so the pan gets well coated with flour.
12. Pour 1 tablespoon of chocolate batter in the middle of the greased pan.
13. Pour 1 tablespoon of vanilla batter in middle of the poured chocolate batter.
14. Keep pouring the chocolate batter and vanilla batter alternatively.
15. You will see the layers once you have finished pouring all the batter .
16. Make some design with the help of a skewer/ fork. (This step is totally optional)
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredients Reference :
1. Baking Powder
2. Baking soda
3. Vanilla Essence
4. Cocoa Powder