Gobi manchurian is an Indo-Chinese item popular in India. Gobi Manchurian is adopted from Chinese cuisine and seasoning techniques to suit Indian tastes. It has fried and crispy cauliflower coated with made sauce.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Boiling Time : 2-3 minutes
Serving : 2 persons
- Gobi/ Cauliflower - 1 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/4 cup fine chopped
- Garlic - 2 tablespoon fine chopped
- Spring Onion (white) - 2 tablespoon
- Spring Onion (green) - 2 tablespoon
- All Purpose Flour - 1/4 cup
- Corn Starch - 1/2 cup
- Soy Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - According to taste
- Water - 1/2 cup + for boiling
- Oil - 2 tablespoon + for frying
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients.
2. Take 2-3 cups of water in a pan, add 1 tablespoon of salt and boil.
3. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 2-3 minutes. Do not over boil.
4. Once boiled, drain the florets in a bowl and keep it side.
5. Take all purpose flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch (save half of the corn starch) and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix all the dry ingredients.
6. Add 1/2 cup of water and make thin batter. If needed, add water in small batches. Do not make batter very runny.
7. Add the boiled florets in the made batter and mix well gently.
8. Add the 1/4 cup of corn starch (we saved earlier) and mix well with the cauliflower florets. The florets starts sticking because of the corn starch.
9. Now the cauliflower florets are ready to fry.
10. Heat oil in a pan/wok for frying on medium flame, add the ready cauliflower in the medium hot oil and fry lightly. This steps is to cook the batter.
11. Drain the fried florets in the kitchen towel. Fry very lightly, don't let the coating to get brown.
12. Now we will rapid fry the florets to make its outer layer crispy, heat the oil on high flame and add the fried florets in hot oil. Fry the florets for 1-2 minutes or till golden brown.
13. I have rapid fried half of the florets, you can see the difference. Fry all the florets similarly. Keep them side.
14. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan/ wok, add chopped onions, chopped spring onions(white), chopped garlic and fry them for 1 minute on high heat. Stir continuously.
15. Once fried add 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of red chili sauce, 1 tablespoon if soy sauce and little bit of salt (sauce already contains salt). Mix all the ingredients.
16. Add half cup of water and spring onions (green) in the mixture and let it boil.
17. In the mean time, lets make a corn slurry to thickening the sauce.Take 1 tablespoon of corn starch and add 2 tablespoon of water.
18. Mix the corn starch and water to make a lump free slurry.
19. Add the ready slurry in the boiling mixture. Mix well and boil it for 1 minutes. Stir continuously.
20. Add the fried florets in the ready sauce and mix well till all the florets gets coat.
21. Serve hot.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Post a Comment