Rajma Curry is a popular vegetarian dish in North Indian Cuisine, cooking red kidney beans in a thick gravy with many Indian whole spices and is usually served with rice.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20-25 minutes
Serving : 3-4 persons
- Rajma/ Kidney Beans - 1 cup soaked
- Onions - 2 sliced
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tablespoon
- Coriander Leaves - 3-4 tablespoon chopped
- Oil - 3-4 tablespoon
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Salt - According to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Coriander Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Cloves - 5-6
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 1/2 inch
- Black Peppers - 6-7 crushed
- Whole red Chili - 2
- Bay Leaves - 2
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Soak the Rajma/ Kidney Beans overnight, drain the water and wash the beans properly.
2. Heat 3-4 tablespoon of oil in a pressure cooker. Add all the whole spices and let them splutter.
3. Add the sliced onions in the spluttered whole spices and mix well. Cook the onions slightly on medium flame or till it gets little translucent.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and ginger garlic paste (click here for recipe) , mix well with onions.
5. Add all the powdered spices and cook till the mixture starts separating oil from sides.
6. The mixture is cooked well.
7. Add the soaked Rajma/ Kidney Beans and mix well.
8. Add 3/4 cup of water and 3-4 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves. Cover and pressure cook it on medium flame for 6-7 whistles. Let it cool completely on its own.
9. Serve hot with some Jeera Rice (click here for the recipe). Enjoy.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Kidney Beans
2. Turmeric Powder
3. Cumin Seeds
4. Red Chili Powder
5. Coriander Cumin Powder
6. Whole Red Chili
Post a Comment