Gobi 65 is a tasty starter cum snack of spicy fried cauliflower florets, very famous in South India. The cauliflower florets are crispy and saucy from outside and soft from inside that definitely satisfies our taste buds.Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serving : 2 persons
- Gobi/ Cauliflower - 1 cup chopped
- All Purpose Flour - 2 tablespoon
- Corn Starch - 3 tablespoon
- Salt - According to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + for frying
- Szechuan Sauce - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Curd - 2 tablespoon
- Green Chili - 1 slit
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Use garlic paste if you do not have garlic powder.
2. Boil 3-4 cups of water in a pan / wok, add little bit of salt to it.
3. Take out the pan / wok from the heat and add the cauliflower florets in the boiling water. Cover with the lid and let it sit for 5 minutes. The florets will gets little soft.
4. After 5 minutes, take out the cauliflower florets in a bowl.
5. Take corn starch and all purpose flour in a big bowl, add salt, garlic powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder in the flour and mix well.
6. Add water to the mixture and make a lump free batter. Always add water in small batches. Do not make the batter very runny.
7. The batter is now mixed well and in a good coating consistency.
8. Add the cauliflower florets in the batter and coat well gently with help of a spoon.
9. The florets are coated well and ready to fry.
10. Heat oil in a pan/ wok on medium flame.
11. Add the coated cauliflower florets in the medium hot oil and fry from all the sides till it turns golden.
12. Drain the fried florets on a kitchen towel.
13. Take 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan/ wok on medium flame.
14. Add slit green chili and garlic powder (you can use garlic paste). Saute them for 30 seconds.
15. Add the Szechuan Sauce (click here for recipe) , saute for next 30 seconds.
16. Put the flame on very low flame and add the curd. Stir constantly till the curd mixed well with the tempering mixture. Saute for 1 minute on low flame.
17. Now the sauce is ready.
18. Add fried cauliflower florets and coat well the ready sauce.
19. Serve hot with some strands of onions and lemon slices. Enjoy hot.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Garlic Powder
Post a Comment