Daal Makhni is a rich, creamy daal which made with a loads of butter and cream. It is a nutrition packed daal as it contains different types of daal/ lentils. Today I am making daal makhni without adding additional butter or cream and its still tastes creamy and rich.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Soaking Time: 6-7 hours Servings: 3-4 persons
- Whole Masoor Dal/ Red Lentils - 1/2 cup
- Black Whole Urad Dal/ Black Gram - 1/2 cup
- Whole Rajma/Kidney Beans - 1/4 cup
- Onions - 1 fine chopped
- Tomatoes - 1 chopped
- Green Chili - 1 slit
- Oil - 3-4 tablespoon
- Water - 3-4 cups
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup
Powered Spices :
- Salt - According to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander Cumin Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Take all the dal/ lentils and soaked it for 6-7 hours. Preferably soak it overnight.
2. I have already soaked all the lentils overnight.
3. Here are all the ingredients.( I skipped to put cumin seeds with all the spices)
4. Now we need to boil the soaked lentils. Take a pressure cooker , put all the lentils in the cooker, add 3-4 cups of water, finely chopped ginger and 1 tablespoon of salt (add salt according to your taste).
5. Pressure cook the lentils for 6-7 whistles on medium flame and let it cool completely.
6. Heat 3-4 tablespoon of oil in a pan/ wok, add cumin sedds and let it splutter.
7. Add onions and green chilies and saute till onions turns translucent.
8. Add tomatoes and ginger garlic paste(click here for recipe), mix well and let it cook till tomatoes gets little mushy.
9. Add all the powdered spices , cook the spices till spice-mix starts separating the oil.
10. Now spice-mix is cooked properly (it separates the oil).
11. Add the boiled lentils and mix well. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
12. Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and cover for 1 minute.
13. Serve hot with a dash of cream and a sprig of love. Team it up with some roti/ naan/ rice.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
Ingredients Reference :1.Whole Masoor Dal/ Red Lentils
2.Black Whole Urad Dal/ Black Gram
3. Whole Rajma/Kidney Beans
4. Cumin seeds
5. Turmeric Powder
6. Cumin Coriander Powder
7. Garam Masala
8. Red Chili Powderhttps://www.amazon.com/Organic-Red-Chili-Powder-Regular/dp/B00BBTP4U0
Post a Comment