Man-chow soup is a popular recipe in Indo-Chinese cuisine for its spicy taste. It is easy and simple to prepare. This soup is loaded with veggies and satisfies taste buds at the same time.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Servings : 2 persons
- Spaghetti - 1 cup
- Corn Starch - 3 tablespoon
- Green Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Spring Onions - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Onions - 1 finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Carrots - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- French Beans - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Soy Sauce - 1/2 tablespoon
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Chili Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - According to taste
- Oil - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Water - 2 1/2 cup
( I have given the link of ingredients at the end of the recipe where you can buy them easily)
1. Here are all the ingredients. Boil the spaghetti till soft and cooked completely. I have already boiled and drained the spaghetti. I am using sriracha chili sauce that already contains vinegar.
2. Take spaghetti in a plate, add 1 tablespoon of cornflour and mix gently till every strand of spaghetti covered with cornflour.
3. Heat oil in a pan/ wok for frying.
4. Add the spaghetti in the hot oil and fry golden brown.
5. Drain in a kitchen towel. Keep them aside.
6. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pan/ wok. Add fine chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute on medium heat.
7. Add fine chopped onions and saute for 1 minute .
8. Add the chopped veggies (except spring onions) and saute the veggies for 2 minutes on high heat. Stir continuously.
9. Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and chili sauce , mix well and cook for 1 minute.
10. Add 2 1/2 cup of water and chopped spring onions and let it boil.
11. Till then make a corn flour slurry. Take 2 tablespoon of corn flour in a bowl and add 3 tablespoon of water.
12. Mix well and make a lump free slurry.
13. Keep the flame of soup on low and add the slurry gradually in the boiling water. Keep mixing constantly.
14. Boil for 2-3 minutes, corn slurry makes the soup glossy and silky.
15. Serve the hot soup in a bowl, top with some fried spaghetti.
Please try this easy and simple recipe and let me know in the comment section how it comes for you. If you like the recipe please like, share and subscribe this blog. If you have any question or any doubt you can leave a message in contact me section at the bottom.
1. Corn Starch
2. Soy Sauce